Saturday, July 29, 2006

Warm Orange Pikelets with butter and 100's & 1000's


So here i was, all set to blog my little obsessed heart out and continue on my neverending search this weekend and what happens...ive got the flu. Damn you winter months of melbourne. So, no extreme baking this weekend, my tastebuds are officially on strike and are only seeming to settle for vegemite and salty greasy potato chips. However, just to fill my day, i decided to whip up a batch of orange pikelets with hundreds and thousands. I dont know why i did it, i took one bite of the first one and threw it in the bin but at least it gave me something to do and of course the smell of them drew in the rest of the family who gobbled them up quick smart, they are after all a fantastic recipe passed on from my nanna to my mother and now to me. Drop em on the frypan, watch em rise and turn golden and coat em with organic butter and hundreds and thousands. Eat immediatly. Yum and your kids will think your a god, but i think for now ill just settle for my pack of soothers.

Ingrediants:
1cup self raising flour
4tbsp sugar
pinch salt
1tsp bi carb
2 eggs
1/2cup milk
1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice

Method:
Combine all ingrediants, fry spoonfulls as you would for normal pikelets and then serve warm with butter and hundreds and thousands.